Saturday 23 July 2011

Buy of the Month - Vintage Tea Set

I have to confess, I absolutely adore eBay. At times, I can feel I hate it too, but too often I buy certain things that I wouldn't find anywhere else, and that brighten up my day.

I'm not quite a hoarder - don't get me wrong, I have more 'things' than I need, but I sell as often as I buy, so I think it balances things out okay!  Last week, I purchased an exercise bike - a model still in the shops at the moment, used 'once or twice' and looking essentially brand new - but I saved almost £100 on the retail value of the brand new ones. Having used it several times since, it was definitely a great buy. That was the second time I'd ever bought something from eBay that was from a seller in my current town, and picked up rather than having posted to me. The first was a chest of drawers, which was another great buy, and this afternoon was my third.

I'm planning a tea party for later in the year, and last week was just browsing pages on eBay, when I happened upon a Bone China tea set, not too far from where I'm living. A lovely, 21 piece set of Royal Osborne, Pink Floral goodness. Six cups, saucers, tea plates, sugar bowl, milk jug and bread & butter plate. For an astounding £2. What a bargain! In fact, so much so, it's almost better than my beloved new exercise bike, and is my 'Buy of the Month'.



Seeing as there's rarely a month that goes by where I don't buy something that makes me go 'Oooh', this will most likely become a regular thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment