Monday 1 August 2011

Granny Square Cushion - WIP


I've been meaning to get the granny squares for my blanket made up asap, but I needed more yarn and wasn't able to get into town for a few days. Itching to make granny squares, I took some bright colours from my little yarn stash and decided to do a few for a cushion cover.

By the evening of the second day, I'd made 16 different squares, and sewn them together. (Note; I've still got to sew all the extra ends, in, but it's never been my favourite job!)


I'm pretty pleased with how it came out - I love the bright colours contrasted with the white. Because of this, I've chosen to crochet a plain white background:


I've just got six rows left to do, then a whole lot of sewing up! I've made the front square (obviously, four rows by four rows of squares) but the back is more rectangular to allow a little flap that will tuck in, and where I'll sew my buttons on. Hopefully it won't be too long before it's all finished, and I'll post a picture of the complete project once it is.

And then I'll get back to my blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment