Sunday 8 January 2012

Felt Wedding Wreath - Ending 2011

Well, not only are we in the New Year, we're over a week in, so it doesn't feel all that new anymore! Hence, here is me apologizing for not blogging over Christmas and New Year! It's funny - you have more time than usual (less work) and yet, so much to do, and so little actual free time.

Things are necessarily any better at the moment - I started a new job mid-Decemeber, and I've just been assigned a new role there, so it's pretty busy, taking a lot of my time learning something entirely new, and also getting used to the earlier-than-normal starts. Enough moaning though :) 2012 has been pretty good so far.

However, before I get started with blogging about 2012 crafts, I just want to round up the end of 2011. The two main things I created in December were a Wedding Wreath, which was our gift at my partner's Uncle's wedding the week before Christmas, and a Christmas stocking for my lovely other half.

The wreath came about as a) I love working with felt, and making wreaths & flowers, and b) we wanted to give a personalised gift. Hence, a white and pale pistachio wreath! Finished with the happy couple's initials, and the date of the wedding. Here's wishing you a very happy life together, Steve and Cheryl.


Sadly, I did that really annoying thing of wrapping up and handing over the gift before I remembered I'd not taken a photo of it. Luckily my partner had taken a shot on his mobile phone, so although not an amazing picture, certainly better than nothing!

The Christmas stocking came about when I found myself home alone on the 23rd. Adam was at work, so I thought I'd use the bit of quiet time to whip up a stocking. I ended up making it all by hand, so wasn't such a quick project in the end, but he's definitely worth it :) and it was a funy way to spend the evening.

It's red striped wool fabric, lined with black jersey, with a tartan trim. Blanket stitch around the toe area, and then a felt 'A' to add that personalised touch. I was really pleased with how it came out, and it looked so cute with all Adam's little pressies in!



I was so lucky with all the lovely gifts I received at Christmas. My friends and family know me so well! In my bunch of lovely stuff I got 3 craft books - one on felt projects, one on vintage chic on a shoestring, and a knitting book full of glove patterns! Can't wait to try out some projects from these, and also a few other things I've had in mind, asap.

I've also just about finished two more granny square cushion covers - one regular sized and one mini one, so I'll post about those as soon as they're finished. All I need  to do now is get settled into my new job so I can't start making the most of my free time when I'm at home!

Onwards and upwards then... here's to another good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment