Tuesday 29 November 2011

Christmas Wreath and Robin Tree Decorations

I finished the Christmas Wreath I was making. It's made entirely with felt and stuffing, so no polystyrene form in this one.

I used two large circles of felt for the wreath, and decorated with ponsiettas, using the same template I'd made for my napkin rings (will post photos soon, but I plan on making more, so saving it for a Napkin Ring post). I'm really happy with how it turned out, and the criss-cross ribbon finishes it off just nicely. I think I'll make more of these over Winter in Spring colours, ready for early next year.



I've also made a set of felt robins as well. In actual fact, I made these before the red and white birds I posted about last time, but hadn't photographed them. Again, I made up the templates myself, then used my cardboard template to cut several pieces of felt in the identical shape. Added the red breast and did simple french knots for the eyes.



Just a few more pieces to finish off now before the craft fayre this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment