Friday 18 November 2011

Buy of the Month - Nicky Clarke Slim Barrel Curling Tongs

This is actually an October post. I just happen to be posting it in November.

That's because I am so behind in everything I have to blog about. Ensue mad rush of blogging... now! (Warning: This may cause excessive typos)

So, let me explain. September and October were pretty devoid of blogs because I was uber busy spending every spare minute I wasn't at work on my Halloween costumes. I know that sounds a little extreme, but a while back, me and my other half decided we wanted Alice in Wonderland and Mad Hatter costumes (the Tim Burton film ones) and it got a little OTT and we ended up trying to copy the outfits exactly. Which meant a helluva lot more work. Like 71 hours of hand embroidery... but more about that in the next post.

So, this post is about my October Buy of the Month. And I really didn't buy much that month, but with Mia Wasikowska having wavy/curly hair as Alice in the film, and me having naturally straight hair, I decided to treat myself to a pair of curling tongs, and after a couple of You Tube reviews, found that these Nicky Clarke ones were perfect.

 


They have a super slim barrel for making eeny weeny little curls, but you can do looser waves with them too. I've only used them properly on Halloween, but I plan on having a lot more curly hair in future.

Plus, I managed to find someone on eBay selling them cheaper than the RRP, so even better.

Definitely recommend!

And stay tuned for the Halloween post... I have a feeling it'll be a biggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment